Preveza Food & Culture Walking tour
The best way to get to know the picturesque city of Preveza, living with the habits and needs of the locals but also knowing the local products, is a walking food tour.
Enjoy the beautiful straits of Preveza and try the seafood flavors from the Amvrakikos Gulf. Wander among colorful bougainvilleas, try local ouzo with seafood, learn the history of ancient Nikopolis and immerse yourself in the simple daily life of Preveza accompanied by local guides.
Our tour starts from Androutsos central square of Preveza, and a few meters further, we will try the traditional pies preferred by the locals for breakfast, and we will start our wandering in the city’s alleys.
After a short walk, we will reach the “Saitan Pazar”, enjoying our coffee in a traditional cafe. We will talk to the locals to learn about the city’s history through its inhabitants.
In such a tour, the local traditional products of Preveza could not be missing, so the next destination is a delicatessen shop where we will try the local products.
Then a wonderful shop awaits us in the city’s alleys where we will try ouzo, liqueurs and other drinks produced in the town by the same family for 70 years.
As Preveza is known for its seafood flavors, we couldn’t end a fantastic food tour without Amvrakikos shrimp, grilled octopus, and fish dishes. The last visit will be to the tavern of our friend Dimitris where we will try all the traditional seafood recipes.
- You will try traditional pies for breakfast.
- You will enjoy your coffee in one of the traditional cafes in the city.
- You will get to know Preveza's history and ancient Nikopolis.
- You will taste traditional ouzo and liqueur produced by the same family for four generations
- You will taste dishes with fresh seafood from the sea of Amvrakikos gulf.
- You will complete your wonderful experience by trying ice cream made from pure traditional ingredients produced by the same family.