Valia Calda Adventure Off-Road & Cooking Experience
An off-road excursion in Pindus National Park (Valia Calda) combines the fantastic natural landscape with a short hike (40 min.) and swimming in the natural pools of Arkoudorema stream.
Where Valia Calda begins, we meet beautiful landscapes, such as Vovousa with the Aoos river that passes through the village, high peaks, steep slopes, stunning colors, spectacular trees, and a strong taste of the wild beauty of the Pindos National Park, combined all together in a magical mountain landscape that nature has given us. An ideal excursion for nature lovers and people who love swimming in rivers.
Our excursion starts with Valia Calda as our first destination, and we will head to the core.
From the heart of the National Park, we will start our hike to the natural pools of the Arkoudorema stream.
Once we reach the natural pools, we will enjoy swimming and return to the vehicle to cook our traditional meals.
Then we will head to Vovousa. Our route there gives us an incredible landscape with
tall black pines, streams, and high peaks.
In Vovousa, we will take a break, and whoever wishes can swim in the clear waters of the Aoos river, under the bridge of Vovousa.
Finally, we will visit the lake of Aoos springs and the incredible mountain landscapes around the lake on our return.
- We will visit one of Greece's most important, protected, and untouched forests.
- Valia Calda is also called "bear park" as it is one of three areas in Greece that hosts a population of Eurasian brown bears.
- Valia Calda belongs to Nothern Pindus National Park and is part of the Natura 2000.
- We will visit Vovousa village, where we can rest and swim in the Aoos river.
- We will visit Aoos Spring lake, a beautiful environment of 1300 m. altitude.